Bicycle and Pedestrian Injuries
As negligent drivers and insurance companies love to point out, bicyclists and pedestrians don’t always follow the rules. Pedestrians and cyclists don’t always wait for lights to turn green before entering intersections, don’t always use turn signals in traffic, and don’t always cross streets at crosswalks. However, even when bicyclists and pedestrians follow the rules, they can still suffer serious injuries due to the negligence or carelessness of car or truck drivers. At Schiffman Firm we listen to all injured people and determine if we can help injured bike riders or walkers even if they have made a small mistake.
At Schiffman Firm, we understand how and why bicycle and pedestrian accidents happen, and we use that knowledge to help victims assert their legal rights. As a firm, we have been helping people in western Pennsylvania to obtain the medical care they need and the compensation they deserve since 1976.
We have obtained substantial verdicts and settlements on numerous occasions. In some cases (where negligent drivers have had insufficient or no insurance), we have also been able to obtain additional compensation through our clients’ own uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) insurance policies. In fact, your automobile insurance policy may provide underinsured or uninsured motorist protection and you may not even be aware.
Man on pedestrian crossing in autumn, in danger of being hit by car
Our attorneys have an excellent working knowledge of bicycle mechanics and substantial experience with different types of pedestrian and bicycle accident claims, including:
- Child injury claims — We use our experience and resources to make a difference for children who have suffered a serious head injury (including traumatic brain injuries), spinal injuries, amputations, or other types of major trauma.
- Catastrophic and fatal injury claims — Our law firm pursues wrongful death claims on behalf of surviving family members and helps severely injured clients obtain compensation for serious head injuries, back and neck injuries, spinal cord damage, severe fractures, and other damages.
- Bystander claims — Our lawyers help people who have suffered serious injuries simply by being on the wrong sidewalk at the wrong time (or anywhere else too near an accident or negligent driver).
- Defective or unsafe product claims — Many of the bicycle accident cases we have handled over the years have involved unsafely designed bikes and defective bike components such as brake assemblies, bottom brackets, cranksets, spindles, pedals, handlebars, and forks (both suspension and rigid). These defective components can make a bicycle unreasonably dangerous and can cause serious injuries to the rider or others.
- Reevaluations of claims turned down by other attorneys — We have successfully handled bicycle claims and claims involving pedestrians that have been turned down by one or more attorneys who believed that the injured individual did not have a case. Attorneys at our firm have successfully pursued claims involving pedestrians and cyclists that other attorneys have determined to be too difficult and have dropped.
Call us at 412-288-9444
If you or someone you care about has been injured as a result of being hit by a negligent driver or hurt in a bicycle accident anywhere in Western Pennsylvania, find the right attorneys at Schiffman Firm. Contact us today for a free case assessment. In most cases, there are no costs or fees for our representation in personal injury accident cases unless we recover money on behalf of our client.