About Schiffman Firm
Our Law Firm, Our Practice…
The attorneys at Schiffman Firm provide legal services designed to exceed the expectations of individuals, families and business clients in western and middle Pennsylvania. Together, we bring almost 100 years of collective legal expertise and a number of other valuable resources to every legal challenge we accept, including:
- Personal injury — We have represented thousands of people in western and middle Pennsylvania in cases involving injuries and damages of all types including catastrophic and fatal injuries. We have provided representation to those persons and their loved ones injured by defective or unreasonably dangerous products (product liability cases) of numerous types, including power tools, motor vehicles, firearms, bows, tree stands, ladders, cars, motorcycles, ATVs, bicycles, appliances, cosmetics, children’s products and many other products. We provide representation to those injured in motor vehicle accidents, injured on dangerous or defectively maintained property, injured by health care-related malpractice (medical malpractice) or other professional malpractice, and due to other negligence.
- Workers’ compensation — It is much easier to be injured at work than it is to obtain workers’ compensation benefits. We help people who have been injured at work to successfully navigate Pennsylvania’s complicated workers’ compensation system.
- Employment Law — We represent workers who have been harassed, discriminated against, or unjustly fired by their employers. We also offer our legal services to companies which have been accused of discriminatory behavior, harassment, or unjust firing.
- Estate Litigation — We represent beneficiaries, trustees, executors, and others in probate litigation. We can also offer legal expertise to enable proper estate planning to avoid potential problems.
- Business law — We offer business clients a comprehensive range of quality, cost-effective legal services for dispute resolution. We can advise businesses of their rights in a vast number of circumstances including employment law and contract issues.
Schiffman Firm has been rated a top tier law firm by U.S. News and World Report.
All Attorneys at Schiffman Firm:
- Are licensed to practice law in all Pennsylvania state courts
- Are licensed to practice law in the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Are licensed to practice law in the United States Court of Appeals for The Third Circuit
Some attorneys at Schiffman Firm also have these additional accreditations, recognitions, associations, or have held these positions:
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer
- Top 50 Pittsburgh Area Super Lawyers
- Fellow of Academy of Trial Lawyers
- President of Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Vice President of Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Treasurer of Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Secretary of Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Board of Governors of Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Board of Governors of Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- President of Duquesne Law School Alumni Association
- Board of Governors Duquesne Law School Alumni Association
- Member of University of Pittsburgh Law School Alumni Association
- Member of LawPac
- Member of American Trial Lawyers Association (ATLA)
- Member of Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association (PATLA)
- Member of Pennsylvania Bar Association (PBA)
- Member of Western Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Admitted to Practice in the Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Top 50 Pittsburgh Super Lawyers
- Top 100 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
Contact our offices online or call 412-288-9444 above to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our attorneys.
Evening, weekend, hospital, and in-home appointments are available. In most instances, there are no costs or fees for our representation in personal injury cases unless we recover money on your behalf.