Jason M. Schiffman, Esq. is an experienced litigator practicing primarily in the fields of personal injury, products liability, estate litigation, and corporate litigation. Attorney Jason Schiffman has personally served as lead counsel in the litigation of over four hundred cases or claims.
Jason Schiffman has extensive trial and litigation experience in both state and federal courts. Mr. Schiffman has won multiple jury and non-jury verdicts. Attorney Schiffman has successfully argued in federal court and has successfully defended Schiffman Firm’s results at the appellate court level before the Superior Court of Pennsylvania.
Attorney Jason M. Schiffman has served as an adjunct professor in college courses focusing on negotiation and as a judge in multiple mock trials for a national trial advocacy competition.
Jason Schiffman enjoys the technical aspects of litigating products liability claims including extensive product research, patent and intellectual property research, and working with nationally recognized experts. Mr. Schiffman has litigated numerous claims involving defective products resulting in substantial settlements and verdicts for his clients.
Attorney Jason M. Schiffman received his Bachelor of Science degree from Towson University and his Juris Doctor from Duquesne University School of Law.
Attorney Schiffman is licensed to practice law in all Pennsylvania state courts and in the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Schiffman participates in numerous recreational activities including shooting sports, restoring antique cars, boating, and riding personal watercraft.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Estate Litigation
- Corporate Litigation
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- All county courts in Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the Pennsylvania Bar – Admitted to Practice in all Pennsylvania state courts and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association – Member: 2007-present; Board of Governors: 2010-present
- Pennsylvania Association of Trial Attorneys – Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association – Member
- American Bar Association – Member (Business Law Division)
- Federal Bar Association – Sustaining Member
- Duquesne Law Alumni, Member
- Super Lawyers – Rising Stars: 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015
- Top Attorneys – Pittsburgh’s Outstanding Young Lawyers: 2012, 2013, and 2014
- U.S. News and World Report Top Tier 2014-2015
- ASTM International – Voting Member – Technical Committee (F08 Sports Equipment, Playing Surfaces, and Facilities)
- ASTM International – Voting Member – Technical Committee (E58 Forensic Engineering)
- ASTM International – Voting Member – Technical Committee (E30 Forensic Sciences)