The recalled clothing fails to meet flammability standards for clothing textiles, posing a risk of burn injuries to consumers.
This recall involves 12 styles of Helly Hansen adult workwear sweatshirts and hoodies.
The garments are 100% cotton or 95% cotton and 5% elastane and were sold in all sizes in gray, navy and black. HH workwear is printed on the neck label, and Helly Hansen is printed on a label located on the front right-hand side at the bottom of the garment. The inside seam label displays the size, fiber content and washing instructions. The style number is printed on a tag underneath the inside seam label.
The different styles are:
- Manchester Sweatshirt in navy and black – style 79208
- W Manchester Sweatshirt in navy and black – style 79209
- Manchester Half Zip Sweatshirt in navy and black – style 79210
- Manchester Zip Sweatshirt in navy and black – style 79212
- W Manchester Zip Sweatshirt in navy and black – style 79213
- Manchester Hoodie in navy and black – style 79214
- W Manchester Hoodie in navy and black – style 79215
- Manchester Zip Hoodie in navy and black – style 79216
- W Manchester Zip Hoodie in navy and black – style 79217
- Kensington Zip Hoodie in gray melange and black – style 79243
- Kensington Sweatshirt in navy – style 79245
- Kensington Zip Sweatshirt in navy – style 79247
Name of Product: Helly Hansen Adult workwear sweatshirts and hoodies
Recall Date: March 2, 2023
Recall Number: 23-141
Hazard: The recalled clothing fails to meet flammability standards for clothing textiles, posing a risk of burn injuries to consumers.
Sold At: Helly Hansen clothing stores and uniform clothing suppliers nationwide and online at www.hhworkwear.com from August 2019 through August 2022 for between $40 to $115.
Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled garments and contact Helly Hansen for a full refund or replacement. Helly Hansen will provide a full refund or a credit towards the purchase of a free replacement item upon submission of a photograph of the garment cut in half by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Units: About 13,900 (In addition, 128,680 were sold in Canada)
Consumer Directions and Contact
What Do I Do if My Product is Recalled?
Helly Hansen toll-free at 888-889-8950 from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, email at email@example.com or online at www.hhworkwear.com/recall-usa or www.hhworkwear.com and click on “Recall” at the bottom of the homepage for more information.
What Do I Do If I Was Injured By a Defective Product?
When Bad Products Hurt Good People - Your Case Is Our Cause
Which Law Firm Handles Product Liability and Defective Product Personal Injury Claims?
With over 100 years of collective legal and trial experience, the team at Schiffman Firm has been a leader in providing trusted legal representation to injured victims and other types of clients in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
With a focus in product liability cases caused by dangerous and defective consumer and commercial products, our attorneys bring vast amounts of experience and expertise to victims and families that have suffered an injury caused by defective products like, but not limited to: