The recalled waterfowl decoys’ lithium-ion battery packs or replacement battery packs can overheat while charging or soon after charging, posing a fire and/or burn hazard.
This recall involves lithium-ion battery packs and replacement batteries on XS series Pulsator, Swimmer, Crazy Kicker, Flasher models of motion decoys used for waterfowl hunting.
The Higdon brand is on the product and on the packaging. The following models are included in the recall and each of the recalled models contain a lithium-ion battery. All recalled batteries have a sticker on the battery and the top line on recalled batteries reads “Sun Li-ion Battery.” All recalled items containing a battery labeled “Sun Li-Ion Battery” are subject to this recall.
- 50033 – XS Pulsator, Mallard Drake 12V
- 50044 – XS Pulsator, Mallard Hen 12V
- 50534 – XS Pulsator, Pintail 12V
- 52053 – XS Battleship Swimmer, Mallard Drake 12V
- 52064 – XS Battleship Swimmer, Mallard Hen 12V
- 52533 – XS Battleship Swimmer, Pintail 12V
- 52624 – XS Battleship Swimmer, Canvasback 12V
- 52243 – XS Battleship Swimmer, Bluebill 12V
- 53012 – XS Crazy Kicker, Mallard Drake 12V (with timer)
- 53072 – XS Floating Flasher, Mallard Drake 12V
- 53077 – XS Splashing-Flasher, Mallard Drake 12V (with timer)
- 50734 – XS Pulsator, Canada Goose 12V
- 52753 – XS Swimmer Canada Goose 12V
- 50053 – XS pulsator mallard combo pack Drake/Drake
- 50054 – XS pulsator mallard combo pack Drake/Hen
- 54034 – XS pulsator and Swimmer combo pack Drake/Drake
- 99117 – XS Battery 12v 2.5Ah Li-ion, 2021 (for all XS motion)
The firm has received 20 reports of overheating, including nine fires, seven of which involved property damage. No injuries have been reported.
Name of Product: Battery packs and replacement batteries on XS Series Pulsators, Swimmers, Crazy Kicker, and Flasher motion decoys used for waterfowl hunting
Recall Date: March 30, 2023
Recall Number: 23-166
Hazard: The recalled waterfowl decoys’ lithium-ion battery packs or replacement battery packs can overheat while charging or soon after charging, posing a fire and/or burn hazard.
Sold At: Outdoor sporting goods stores nationwide including Bass Pro Shops and Rogers Sporting Goods, and online at www.higdonoutdoors.com from October 2021 through February 2023 for between $50 and $200 and the replacement battery that sold for about $35.
Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled XS motion decoy battery packs and XS replacement battery packs and contact Higdon Outdoors for free replacement battery packs and chargers.
Units: About 45,000 (In addition, about 500 were sold in Canada)
Consumer Directions and Contact
What Do I Do if My Product is Recalled?
Higdon Outdoors at 800-962-0656 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT Monday through Friday or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.higdonoutdoors.com and click the link for Recall or www.higdonoutdoors.com/recall for more information.
What Do I Do If I Was Injured By a Defective Product?
When Bad Products Hurt Good People - Your Case Is Our Cause
Which Law Firm Handles Product Liability and Defective Product Personal Injury Claims?
With over 100 years of collective legal and trial experience, the team at Schiffman Firm has been a leader in providing trusted legal representation to injured victims and other types of clients in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
With a focus in product liability cases caused by dangerous and defective consumer and commercial products, our attorneys bring vast amounts of experience and expertise to victims and families that have suffered an injury caused by defective products like, but not limited to: