Dangerous Compound Bows, Recurve Bows, Crossbows, and Arrows
In Pennsylvania, many people anxiously await the arrival of fall and the beginning of archery hunting season. These hunters and their companions deserve to pursue their sport with safe equipment. Yet, there are all too many defective crossbows, recurve bows, compound bows and arrows sold.
- The Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) announced a recall of TAC Elite, TAC Ordnance, and Enigma crossbows which were manufactured by Precision Shooting Equipment and sold in catalogs and stores such as Bass Pro Shops, Cabela’s, Kinsey’s Archery, and Pape’s. The CPSC warned that the crossbows could fire arrows without the trigger being pulled;
- The CPSC also has announced the recall of MXB crossbows by Mission Archery for firing unexpectedly;
- BowTech Archery recalled “The General” compound bows because the ends of the bow’s limbs could break unexpectedly break during use and cause fragments of the bow to fly in the direction of the user or bystanders;
- Beman Bone Collector Arrows were recalled because the arrows could break when fired and strike unintended targets posing a puncture hazard to user and bystanders; and,
- Many lawsuits have been filed against the manufacturer of Barnett Crossbows for thumb and finger amputations.
It is easy to see that, unfortunately, many of the crossbows, recurve bows, compound bows, and arrows sold should not have been on the market for sale. However, these products are not the only ones which have caused an injury or death to the unsuspecting users. When you or a loved one is injured or a wrongful death occurs due to a defective product and want to pursue a product liability case, you need an attorney who is experienced and skilled in this field of law.
A product liability case which is a case in which the manufacturer or seller has sold a product with a defect which causes injury to a person. Investigating and pursuing a product liability case requires expertise as well as an understanding of the manner in which the particular product is expected to work. The manufacturer or seller can be found to have sold a bow without a proper thumb guard thereby failing to provide the safety mechanisms that a user would expect. A bow or arrow may also be defective because of a failure to warn of its particular dangers. A manufacturer or seller may also be liable for breaching the warranties that the bow or arrow will perform as safely as those of other manufacturers or sellers or even for the content of their advertisements of the bows or arrows.
It is clear that to pursue a case where injury or death is caused by a bow or arrow, you need an experience attorney who has handled these complex legal issues. The attorneys at Schiffman Firm have expertise in handling cases where hunters or bystanders were injured by defective bows and defective arrows. We know the importance of retaining the proper engineer or other expert who will be able to evaluate and offer an opinion that will aid in the settlement or trial of your case. We have been successful in pursuing these cases and achieving just compensation.
We offer our services throughout Western and Central Pennsylvania.
Call us at 412-288-9444
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a defective crossbow, compound bow, recurve bow or arrow, you need the right attorneys. Contact us today for a free case assessment. In most instances, there are no costs or fees for our representation in personal injury cases unless we recover money on your behalf.