Dangerous and Defective Firearms
As shown by the roughly one million licenses issued by the Pennsylvania Game Commission each year, hunting is one of our Commonwealth’s most popular outdoor recreational pursuits. It’s also big business. And, unfortunately, it can cause serious injuries and can even be deadly.
Through negotiation, alternative dispute resolution (including mediation), or by trial, attorneys at Schiffman Firm help hunting accident victims to assert their legal rights against negligent defendants and irresponsible manufacturers and obtain full compensation for their injuries and other losses.
In practice, our lawyers handle hunting accident cases involving:
- Defective hunting-related products (tree stands, All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs), cabin heaters, etc.)
- Bow defects (compound bows, recurve bows, longbows, crossbows)
- Arrow defects (manufacturing defects, design defects, defective materials)
- Ammunition defects (all types)
- Firearm defects (handguns, shotguns, muzzle loaders / blackpowder guns, centerfire rifles, rimfire rifles, including defects causing accidental discharges, stray shots, and gun chamber or barrel explosions)
- Treestand defects (causing collapse or falls)
- Catastrophic or fatal injuries incurred while hunting or shooting
- Injuries caused by the negligence of other hunters
- Bystander injuries (hunters, nonhunters, adults, and children)
Many of the attorneys at our firm also have vast personal experience with firearms. This knowledge helps them take the right path in pursuing a hunting or firearm related injury claim. If you choose to have our law firm represent you in connection with a hunting accident, we will take time to explain the legal issues and process, prepare you for what to expect and maintain close contact with you from start to finish. We also work as a team, bringing more than one hundred years of combined experience, top investigative and expert resources, creativity, and a focus on results to overcome obstacles that stand between you and a fair recovery.
Call Us at 412-288-9444
If you or someone you care about has been injured in accident anywhere in western Pennsylvania, find the right attorneys at the law firm of Schiffman Firm. Contact us today for a free case assessment. In most injury cases, there are no costs or fees for our representation unless we recover money on your behalf.